Cereal Treats - October, 2017.
Saturday afternoons in the fall are for local soccer and football games. You don’t need a pedigree in parenting to put together this yummy treat for sporting kids and spectator adults.
You don’t even need an oven. This simple treat is highlighted in Fat Witch Bake Sale on pages 48 and 49. You can do all chocolate or all white chocolate treats or a mix.
If you want to do both halve the amount of each chocolate (e.g. ¾ cup milk chocolate and ¾ cup white chocolate) and have a mixing bowl for each kind. BTW, this is a fabulous give-away on Halloween!
- 1½ cups milk or white chocolate chunks
- 3 cups puffed cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- Line a 9” square baking pan with 2 sheets of aluminum foil or parchment paper crisscrossing extending up the sides.
- Warm the chocolate chips in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until almost melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir until completely smooth.
- Set aside to cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the melted chocolate and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Spread the cereal mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Pat with the spatula. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or until the mixture is set.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Just before serving, cut into bars.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, if desired.
- Makes 12-16 treats
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.