Go To Seed Bars - March, 2017.
A power bar made with all healthy ingredients? You need to bake your own to come up with nutritious and delicious. Add a cup of yogurt and you’ve got the perfect breakfast or lunch.
These have little shelf life (no preservatives or nitrogen flush like store bought power bars), so eat within 5 days.
Find the recipe in Fat Witch Bake Sale pages 104-105
- ¼ cup organic agave syrup
- ¾ cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 ½ cups organic old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup golden flaxseeds
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts (substitute almonds or hazelnuts)
- ⅓ cup roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- ⅓ toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup chopped dried fruit (such as apricots, cherries, pineapple, mango)
- ¼ cup organic semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9” square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the agave into a large microwavable bowl and microwave on medium power for 15 seconds.
- Remove the bowl and stir in the applesauce, oats, flaxseeds, nuts, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin seeds, and salt with a wooden spoon
- Stir in the dried fruit and combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until set but still slightly soft to the touch in the center.
- Cool for at least 1 hour.
- Cut just before serving and wrap in plastic or foil for up to 5 days.
- Store at room temperature. Makes 12-16 pieces
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.