Cream Cheese Schmear
The famous package might say Philadelphia, but cream cheese was actually invented in New York. Its silky texture and subtle tang make it the perfect topping for bagels,of course, and also a great base for dessert icings. I love to "schmear" it on
Red Velvet-Milk Chocolate Brownies.
Find this recipe in Fat Witch Bake Sale cookbook on page 170
- 4 ozs cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼: cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla
- Measure the sugar and sift directly into the butter mixture
- Beat until thick and creamy
- Spread the frosting on cooled brownies, bars or cookies.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to set the frosting
- Cut brownies or bars into squares just before serving.
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.