1. HOW LONG WILL THE WITCHES STAY FRESH?
Wrapped Witches available on our website stay fresh 5-7 days in a cool room. Do not place them near a source of heat, such as electronic equipment or a window that gets sun or a space with excessive moisture. In the refrigerator they will last 7-21 days depending on the efficiency of your refrigerator. You can put them in the freezer and they will last up to 3 months, depending on the efficiency of your freezer. We suggest storing them in zip-lock bags. Some people like to eat them straight from the freezer without thawing. At our store inside Chelsea Market, we also have unwrapped Witches. These stay fresh 1-2 days. You can also refrigerate or freeze. We suggest storing unwrapped Witches in a plastic wrap and/or zip-lock bags.
2. WHAT IF I HAVE ALLERGIES?
The most common allergens in the Witches are: wheat flour, eggs, butter, nuts and peanuts (legumes). We use only the best ingredients and do not add preservatives such as lecithin or add a nitrogen gas flush. We do keep walnuts and other nuts on the premises at all times. We also bake with peanuts and peanut butter. We do use some ingredients, such as caramel, that are processed in facilities that have peanuts and nuts on premises. If you or the recipient is allergic to any of these ingredients, we suggest not eating our Witches.
3. WHERE CAN I FIND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION?
You can find nutritional information on our website. www.fatwitch.com/nutrition
4. DO YOU BAKE GLUTEN FREE BROWNIES?
We cannot bake a truly gluten free product. Once wheat flour is in the air, it is there for quite a while. We clean our equipment twice a day, but traces of flour still remain. We would need a totally separate facility to prep brownie batter and an oven used strictly for gluten-free baking. If you are a celiac, this is not the brownie for you. Also, we suggest that if you are buying gluten free products from a bakery that also bakes with gluten flour, ask a lot of questions.
5. CAN I MICROWAVE THE WITCHES?
Yes. You can put them in the microwave in the cellophane or remove the cellophane. Try 30 seconds or less on medium power. You don't want to melt the Witch!*
1. WHEN SHOULD I ORDER IF I WANT AN ORDER SHIPPED AT A FUTURE DATE?
You can place your order as soon as you have all the information needed which should include the date you want the order shipped. If our website www.fatwitch.com does not go far enough into the future, you can email the order to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our phone desk 888-419-4824 or fax your order to 212-807-7993. If faxing, please call to confirm that we received. Our phone desk is open Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm, Eastern time. It is closed on holidays. Click here to see what information we need from you if you chose to email or fax your order.
2. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SHIPPING BOX IF I AM SENDING A GIFT?
We do not put a packing slip inside the box. If you want a packing slip included, please call us, Monday-Friday, 9am to 6pm eastern time, toll free at 888-419-4824 and tell us to include a packing slip. You will have your online order receipt for your records. Or, email us at email@example.com. Please note the message printed on cards is transferred directly from your online input. If you make a typo, it will appear exactly as you wrote. We do not change your spelling or punctuation.
3. WHAT IF I CHOOSE NOT TO INCLUDE MY NAME ON THE MESSAGE CARD?
Your name will not appear on the message card. However, if the recipient calls us to inquire who sent the gift, we will tell them. Please note the message printed on cards is transferred directly from your online input. If you make a typo, it will appear exactly as you wrote. We do not change your spelling or punctuation.*
4. CAN I SUBMIT ONE ORDER WITH DIFFERENT ITEMS SHIPPED TO PEOPLE AT DIFFERENT ADDRESSES? (Multiple Order)?
- Yes, you will need to set up a Fat Witch account, My Account. You will get the information needed on how to do this by clicking on My Account. You can also find this link on our HOME page and in the "Looking For" (My Account) search menu on our web pages.
- You select a ship date. Everything entered for multiple orders will ship on that day.
- Your My Account will save up to 50 ship-to Addresses which you can prioritize. As well as keeping a history of all your orders.
- Once you have entered the items you want to send, you can decide what goes to whom and to what address. However, you cannot change anything (add or subtract) in the shopping cart once you move to the shipping address page without starting over.
- You will be able to select a different message card for each order and have different messages for each recipient.
- You will be able to select a different shipping option for each order.
- You will be able to see what is being sent to each recipient and what is charged for each recipient. You credit card will be charged one total amount.
5. WHAT IF I DO NOT WANT TO INPUT A MULTIPLE ORDER ONLINE?
Organize the information first by date to be shipped and then by item wanted as well as the names and addresses. We suggest you compile your list and fax it to us at 212-807-7993 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to see what information we need from you. And, we can also email you a spread sheet for your easy input. Ask us at email@example.com for the spread sheet. We can email or fax it to you.
6. MAY I ARRANGE TO HAVE MY ORDER PICKED UP IN MANHATTAN?
- Yes, you must call in your order. We will let you know the time we can have it ready for you at our Chelsea Market store or our production site in East Harlem.
- For a pick-up, you must call 212-807-1335 and let us know what you would like to order.
- Our store is located inside Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Avenue, between 15th and 16th Streets in Manhattan.
- Our production site is at 1753 Park Avenue, the SE corner of 122nd Street in East Harlem. If you would like to pick up or drop off at the Park Avenue address, you must notify us ahead of time. It is not open to the public, but it is easier for us to have your order ready for pick-up at this location.
- If you would like a messenger service to pick up your order, you must make the arrangements. if something is not picked up, we will contact you.
- Fat Witch Bakery does not hand-deliver.
7. HOW ARE ORDERS COMPLETED?
We process orders as we receive them. You choose a shipment date online. The website will show the next available shipment date on the HOME page. If you phone or email your order, you will be told the next available shipment/pick-up date. We complete orders as promised. We will not put someone else before your order.
8. DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS?
Yes, we often do. The best way to know the current discount is to receive our newsletter. You can opt-in to receive our newsletter at the foot of this page. Also, we will tweet about special deals and if you have My Account, (see below) you will see the current PROMOCODE displayed on your My Account page.*
1. HOW DO I SET UP MY ACCOUNT?
- You can create a Fat Witch personal account, My Account , which will hold your name, billing address, up to 50 ship-to addresses and a history of past orders.
- With My Account, you will need to establish a User ID and a Password.
- My Account will allow you to by-pass filling in some details when you order at www.fatwitch.com.
- When you have My Account, you will see the current PROMOCODE displayed each time you log-in.
- You will need to enter your credit card each time you place one order or multiple orders.
- Fat Witch Bakery does not have your credit card information on file. This is for your security.
- If you have My Account, you can do multiple shipping. See above regarding Multiple Orders.
2. CAN I EMAIL A MULTIPLE ORDER TO WITCHSERVICE@FATWITCH.COM AND NOT USE My Account?
Yes. However, like most companies, we filter and block spam. If you email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org put the information in the body of the email, but not your credit card information. For your security, we prefer to call you regarding your credit card. Do NOT assume we received your email. If you do not get an email or phone confirmation from us, give us a call Monday - Friday, 9am to 6pm eastern time, (toll-free 888-419-4824), and let us know when you sent your email. It is always a good idea to let us know beforehand that you will be emailing so we can be on the look-out.*
CREDIT CARD PROCESSING
7. HOW DO YOU PROCESS MY CREDIT CARD?
We obtain an authorization from your bank for the amount of your credit card purchase at the time of order and we finalize the transaction when your order is shipped. The credit card company authorization process may place a temporary hold on these funds until the transaction is finalized. For orders to be shipped in the future (beyond a few days), the purchase will be re-authorized and charged at the time of shipment.*
1. WHAT IF THE PACKAGE ISN'T DELIVERED?
Address labels are digitally generated from your online order. What you enter online is transferred directly onto the label by our interface software system. If you provided an incorrect address or the package is refused by the recipient and the package is returned to us, you will be notified. We will not refund your money. If you want, we will provide freshly baked brownies at 1/2 price to the corrected address. However, you must pay the full price of shipment costs. If for some reason Fat Witch Bakery put an incorrect address on the package, we will either refund your entire cost or ship a new package with freshly baked Witches at no charge to you.
2. WHAT IF MY PACKAGE IS TIME SENSITIVE?
It has to arrive on a specific date! The only option to "guarantee" an exact arrival date is to use Federal Express overnight service. Federal Express 2Day and 3Day service are also options, but the package may arrive before the anticipated date. Please see below (#3) for delivery FedEx information.
3. HOW LONG DOES A PACKAGE TAKE TO ARRIVE?
- Our standard shipping method is US Post Office Priority Mail service. Delivery to the recipient's address takes approximately 3-5 business days, however, an exact arrival date is NOT guaranteed. Priority Mail is usually delivered separately from regular mail and if the recipient is not home, a notice should be left in the mailbox or on the front door. See below for information regarding requests to leave the package if no one is at home. Occasionally, even if you have chosen standard shipping, we may use Federal Express services at no additional cost to you. This is at Fat Witch Bakery discretion.
- Federal Express delivers Monday through Friday, but NOT on major holidays. You will be emailed the tracking number for your package and you will be notified of delivery, if you have provided us your email address. You can track it at www.fedex.com. Overnight service is delivered the next business day after the ship date. For example, an overnight package shipped on Friday will be delivered on the following Monday, if it is not a holiday. 2Day Service is delivered 2 business days from the ship date. For example, a 2Day package shipped on a Thursday will be delivered on the following Monday, if it is not a holiday. 3Day service will be delivered 3 business days after the ship date. For example, a 3Day package shipped on a Wednesday will be delivered on the following Monday, if it is not a holiday. Please note that ALL shipments to Hawaii and Alaska take an extra day.
- YES, Federal Express does make Saturday deliveries. It is very costly and not available to every zip code. If you are interested in a Saturday delivery, you must call us 888-419-4824 Monday – Friday, 9am to 6pm, eastern time. We will need to check with Federal Express to confirm delivery to that area on a Saturday.
4. WILL YOU USE GUARANTEED EXPRESS SERVICES?
We use Federal Express for guaranteed delivery services. In addition, we use a service called Periship that watches over perishable FedEx shipments in the USA. If you opt for Federal Express, please be aware that it is more expensive than standard shipping (US Post Office Priority Mail service). We can email you tracking information for Federal Express packages. Click here for needed shipping information.
5. WILL YOU USE MY FEDERAL EXPRESS ACCOUNT?
Yes, we can use your Federal Express account. We will charge you a handling fee. You will need to sign an agreement with Fat Witch Bakery, Inc. that you guarantee to pay the charges. As a rule, we do not use UPS as a carrier.
6. MAY I REQUEST THE PACKAGE BE LEFT WITHOUT A SIGNATURE?
Yes, with US Post Office Priority Mail service, we can put an "okay to leave" label on the shipping box. We cannot indicate the best place to leave the package. With Federal Express, we can enter no signature required. Federal Express reserves the right to NOT leave the package if it seems risky. If you check no signature required, on our order form, Fat Witch Bakery, the US Post Office and Federal Express will not assume responsibility if the package is not received by the intended party. Some people have a permanent request on file with Federal Express to always leave the package if no one is at home. Fat Witch Bakery has no control over this.
7. IS THE ARRIVAL DATE ALWAYS GUARANTEED?
Occasionally a package gets delayed because of weather, e.g. a snow storm or an unforeseen natural or un-natural occurrence. These are called "Acts of God". Fat Witch Bakery, the US Post Office and Federal Express are not held responsible for the delays.*
8. WILL YOU SHIP TO PUERTO RICO, US VIRGIN ISLANDS AND OTHER USA TERRITORIES?
We are not able to ship to American territories, e.g. Guam, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, due to the extreme heat. The baked goods would not be able to stay at a stable and cool temperature.
9. WILL YOU SHIP TO US MILITARY BASES?
No. We are not able to ship to most APO and FPO addresses due to delays with the shipments.
10. WILL YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
No. We do not ship beyond the 50 United States. The duties, fees and delays make the process unacceptable. Since we do not put preservatives in our Witches, the delays will make for stale brownies.
If you are located in Japan, you can order directly from www.fatwitch.co.jp and have shipped to you in Japan.
11. WILL YOU SHIP TO CHILDREN'S CAMPS WITHIN THE USA?
Yes, we will ship to camps, but many are in remote areas and overnight delivery is not available. You may opt for Standard Shipping (US Post Office Priority Mail Service) or FedEx service. If you enter overnight delivery to a camp, and we see that it is a camp (we might not know), we will email or call you and let you know the options. Some camps are in extremely remote areas and need to go Priority Overnight which is more expensive, but will arrive 2 business days later. If this is the case, we will let you know what the additional costs are.*
DECEMBER IS THE BUSIEST MONTH OF THE YEAR AT FAT WITCH BAKERY.
We suggest organizing your list and contacting us as early as possible. www.fatwitch.com will show the current month and the following month for optional ship dates. If you have your ordering information ready prior to the months shown, please call, email or fax. If you call, mail or fax in your order in the month of December, there occasionally might be a delay before we are able to fill your order. You will be informed of the next available ship date. Please click here for detailed information needed. Online order shipment dates will be honored as confirmed.*
PHONE ORDER AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
1.Our phone order desk is open Monday-Friday from 9am to 6pm Eastern time. During June, July, August and September, it closes at 5pm eastern time. It is not open on holidays. The toll free number is 888-419-4824. The answering machine will NOT record message.
2. Our fax line is open 24 hours, 7 days of the week. The number is 212-807-7993. The line is secure and you may include your credit card information or you may call the phone order desk (during the week and during normal business hours) and give the information to someone on the desk.
3. Our website is available 24 hours, 7 days of the week. The address is www.fatwitch.com. If you have any questions, you can send an email to email@example.com. We will respond within 72 hours
4.If you have a question about your order, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We check the email several times each weekday. We will respond within 72 hours. You can also call our phone order desk. It is open Monday-Friday from 9am to 6pm eastern time. Toll-free: 888-419-4824*
1. WILL YOU DONATE WITCHES TO A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION?
- We do donate our Witches/brownies for charitable events.
- We focus on events in New York City with an emphasis on educational programs and special attention to NYC public schools.
- If you would like to request a donation, please email to email@example.com. 6-8 weeks before the event. Letters, phone calls and email requests at the last minute are rarely possible to fulfill.
- Please understand we are not able to donate to every organization that asks. Fat Witch Bakery wishes your organization success with the event.
1. WHAT IF I'M NOT SATISFIED?
We stand by our products. We use the best ingredients and bake in small batches. If you are not satisfied with our product, please notify us and we will refund your money. If there is a special problem, we may request that you ship the product back to us at our expense.
2. WHAT IF THE PACKAGE DOESN'T ARRIVE?
Address labels are generated straight from your online order. What you input online will be transferred directly onto the US Post Office label and the FedEx label. If you provided an incorrect address or the package is refused by the recipient and the package is returned to us, you will be notified. We will not refund your money. If you want, we will provide new brownies at 1/2 price, however, you must pay the full price on shipment costs. If for some reason Fat Witch Bakery created the label and made an error on the package, we will either refund your entire cost or ship a new package with freshly baked Witches at no charge to you.*
DO YOU HAVE A CATALOG AND HOW GREEN ARE YOU?
- In 2007, Fat Witch Bakery decided to no longer print catalogs. The Internet is a greener way to see our products and to place an order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We do have a price list which we will mail to you if you do not have access to the Internet. You may call us toll-free at 888-419-4824 Monday - Friday from 9am to 6pm eastern time, to request that we mail one to you.
- Our delivery van gets 35 miles to the gallon. All but one employee takes public transportation to work. Our waste baskets are biodegradable. We re-use envelops for internal messaging, print on two sides of paper and all our lighting is on a timer system. Our refrigeration and ovens are energy efficient. We are not perfect, but we are trying.
- Please go to www.fatwitch.com/witchplanet and send us your idea about how to stop wasting the planet’s resources. If we use it, we'll illustrate it.
1. MAY I REQUEST SPECIFIC WITCHES IN A GIFT BOX?
Yes. Online, you can specify the Witches you want and check "gift box" option at the checkout page if you want a gift box with ribbon. Our gift tins will not accommodate special requests. You may also call us toll-free Monday - Friday, from 9am - 6pm, eastern time. We will be able to discuss your specific request. Toll-free: 888-419-4824
2. WILL YOU INCLUDE MY GIFT CARD OR BUSINESS CARD?
Yes, we'd be delighted to put your card on the package. We can also keep your business cards on file if you tell us to include it when you order. Your card(s) should be at Fat Witch Bakery, 75 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10011 at least 4 days before ship date.
3. WILL YOU USE MY GIFT PACKAGING IF I PROVIDE IT?
We will try to accommodate your gift container. We cannot always do it, as we might not have enough storage available or the Witches won't fit in the container. If you would like us to use your gift container, it should be at Fat Witch Bakery, 75 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10011 ten business days before the shipment date. If you would like us to use your packaging during the month of December, we must have your order with all information and packaging by November 15th.
4. WILL YOU DO A GIFT BASKET?
Occasionally we are able to accommodate this kind of request, but most of the time we cannot. We suggest ordering a basket containing our product(s) from Chelsea Market Baskets .*
1. WHAT IF I WANT TO ORDER IN DECEMBER?
- Please keep in mind that December is the busiest month of the year at Fat Witch Bakery.
- We want to fulfill your order and we want you and your clients to be happy.
- We suggest putting your list together including names, addresses and item you want us to send to them as early as possible. We process orders as we receive them. We will not put your order ahead of anyone else’s. If you wait until December to order, there might be a few days delay before we can fill the order.
- Please have all of the needed information when you place the order. Please include a contact person. Please click here for information needed. Please click here for information needed
- If we do not have everything, shipment of your order may be delayed. Please click here for information needed
- You can email your list to firstname.lastname@example.org. OR fax it to 212-807-7993. Please use a font/typeface that is easy to read. Either Arial or New Times Roman works.
- We need to be able to see the information without enlarging it. Please request the form either via email email@example.com. or via fax at 212-807-7993. We will email or fax a form to you within 72 hours and confirm within 72 hours after receipt.
2. DO WE NEED TO PROVIDE FAT WITCH BAKERY WITH A CONTACT PERSON?
Yes! For orders in December or any time of the year, we need a NAME, the order wanted and a telephone number and/or fax/email address. We will not be held responsible if no contact name is given and we are unable to fulfill the order because we cannot confirm the order.
3. MAY I ARRANGE TO HAVE MY ORDER PICKED UP?
We do NOT hand deliver. If you place an order to be picked up at our Chelsea Market store or our production site in East Harlem, we will let you know when we can have it ready for you and where. You must call or fax first and let us know what you would like to order. Click here for detailed information. Our store is located inside Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Avenue, between 15th and 16th Streets in Manhattan. Our production site is at 1753 Park Avenue, on the SE corner of 122nd Street in East Harlem. If you would like to pick up or drop off at the production site, you must notify us ahead of time. It is not open to the public. If something is not picked up from either location, we will not contact your messenger service. We will contact you directly.*
1. DO YOU WHOLESALE YOUR PRODUCTS?
- Yes, we do wholesale our products in the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- We will consider other mid-Atlantic areas. Since we do not put preservatives in our brownies or nitrogen gas into the packaging, we take into consideration delivery time. Shipping to the west coast of the USA is not feasible for Wholesale.
- You can email to firstname.lastname@example.org. with your business name, address and website and email address. Or call toll-free 888-419-4824.
- Prices are not given over the phone.
- Please be prepared to email or fax (212-807-7993) your business information.
CAN I ORDER ONLINE AND HAVE IT DELIVERED IN JAPAN?
Yes, we have a partner in Japan that bakes and ships some of our products within Japan. All inquiries and orders should be directed to www.fatwitch.co.jp