Basic Brownie Recipe - April, 2017.
Everyone should have a good brownie recipe.
Here's the Fat Witch basic for at-home baking. Many delectable ingredients can be added to make this your signature dessert.
Visit the Witch Kitchen and click on "ADD-INs" for ideas.
These are merely suggestions and amounts. Get creative and stir in a favorite!
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (cacao 60% or more), chopped into small even-sized pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- ½ cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Additional ingredient(s): walnuts, pecans, dried apricots, white chocolate chunks, etc. etc. etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9” square pan with butter or cooking spray. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
- In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat.
- Stir frequently until almost melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth and completely melted.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- Measure the flour and salt and sift directly into the chocolate mixture.
- Mix only until the white of the dry ingredients disappears.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean or only a few crumbs.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool for 1-2 hours.
- Cut just before serving..
- Makes 12 to 16 brownies
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.