Cardamon Bars - November, 2022.
Cardamom is an aromatic spice from the ginger family. It is often used in Indian cooking and Scandinavian baking. And, in my fave, chai tea.
This recipe will bake the perfect “different” dessert to serve at a Thanksgiving dinner.
You can top with a scoop of fruit sorbet and enjoy the compliments!
- 10 tablespoons (1 ¼ sticks) unsalted butter (and more to grease baking pan)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (and tablespoon for dusting baking pan)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cardamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9” square baking pan with butter. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. When melted, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the eggs, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Sift together directly into the batter. Mix gently until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean or only crumbs on it.
- The top should be golden and edges pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool at least one hour.
- Cut just before serving.
- 12-16 bars.
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 7-10 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.