TOFFEE CHOCOLATE CHUNKS - May, 2020.
A crunchy treat is always a delight.
And this is gluten free. Don’t forget to tell celiac friends if you also bake with gluten wheat in your oven.
This recipe is so easy, it will be love at first bite.
- 40 gluten-free plain rice crackers crumbled
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9" square baking pan with aluminum foil going up over the edges of the pan.
- Spread the crumbled rice crackers on the bottom of the pan.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together over medium-high heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir constantly.
- The mixture will thicken and the sugar dissolve.
- It takes about 5 minutes.
- Spread the toffee mixture over the rice crackers in the baking pan.
- Bake 9 minutes.
- The top will be bubbly. Remove the pan from oven.
- Let the pan cool for 2-4 minutes.
- Evenly toss the chocolate chips over the top of the pan.
- The chocolate chips will melt.
- After 4-5 minutes, spread the chocolate evenly with a spatula.
- Let the pan sit for 15 minutes.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator and chill for about 1 hour or until the top is firm.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and invert the pan using the aluminum foil as handles, lift the entire bar out of the pan.
- Break into chunks. Uneven – okay!
- Makes 18-24 small chunks
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.