Pecan-Caramel Brownies - December, 2021.
It’s time to party!
What’s more indulgent than caramel, salt and chocolate? And this recipe is not that difficult. Trust me!
If you’re hosting a party or bringing the dessert for someone else’s party, this recipe is a winner.
Absolutely perfect for a sweet occasion.!
- Brownie Base
- 12 tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped into even sized pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 40 caramel squares
- 2 ½ tablespoons lukewarm water (90-95 degrees F)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Grease a 9" pan with butter or cooking spray. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start with the brownie base.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Stir constantly and remove from heat when almost melted. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer. Beat until frothy.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture and beat until well combined.
- Measure the flour and salt. Sift directly into the chocolate batter. Mix only until the dry ingredients are combined. With a wooden spoon, stir in the pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center or with only crumbs.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set aside to cool for at least 2 hours.
- For the topping.
- Unwrap the caramel squares. Put them in microwaveable bowl.
- Add the water and microwave on medium power for 60 seconds. Check and see if the caramels are melted. Repeat for 30 seconds if needed.
- Once melted, remove from microwave and set aside for 3-5 minutes to cool.
- With a fork, drizzle the caramel back and forth on the top of the brownie base. While the caramel is soft, toss on the pecans and salt.
- Put the pan in refrigerator to set the caramel, pecans and salt. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Makes 12-18 pieces
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 7-10 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.