Banana Bread Brownies, January, 2018.
Of course you will eat more fruit in 2018!
Just in case that bunch of bananas you bought over-ripens, here’s a great recipe to use up the extra.
I’ve added a bit of brownie to my mom’s banana bread recipe. Bake and feel righteous.
This recipe is on pages of 110 and 111 of Fat Witch Brownies (our first cookbook).
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- 1⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup over-ripe (very soft) bananas (about 3-4).
- ½ cup of granulated sugar.
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten.
- 1¾ cups of unbleached flour.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Grease a 9" square baking pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- Dust the botoom with flour and tap out the excess.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- With a fork, mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Mix the vanilla and sugar into the mashed bananas bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Measure the flour and salt.
- Sift both together directly into the mashed bananas bowl and mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in ⅔ of the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Do not completely incorporate into the banana batter.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Drizzle the remainder of the chocolate mixture on top.
- Move the spatula in and through the batter to create streaks of chocolate.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just crumbs.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool on a rack for 1 hour.
- Cut before serving.
- 12-16 brownie banana bars
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW (shipping included) & Classic Cauldron Special always available.