APPLE CRISP -
Phew! Kids back in school.
They are happier and so are parents and grandparents.
You might have imagined having more time, but…!
Here is the perfect easy dessert to make that will make everyone happy after homework is done.
My family has been baking this for generations – it is part of the
'keep it simple' tradition.
- 4 cups sliced, pared, cored tart apples (4-6 Granny Smith are a good choice)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- Butter a 9” pie pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the apple slices evenly in the pan.
- Pour the orange juice over the apples.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sugars, flour and salt. Use a fork.
- Cut in (use a knife) the 5 tablespoons of butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake 45 minutes. Apples should be tender, but still crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- A scoop of vanilla ice cream over a slice is simply fabulous.
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 7-10 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.