DULCE de LECHE - November, 2020.
I recommend this recipe ONLY if you have time.
It is beyond delicious.
I make the Dulce de Leche from scratch and bake something sweet - like brownies from a mix (Fat Witch, of course).
But, usually put over vanilla ice cream.
- Dulce de Leche
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Big pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Over medium-low heat, combine the milks in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Stir in the baking soda and salt.
- Stir frequently for 30-40 minutes or until the mixture is golden brown and thick.
- The mixture will foam and then thicken and bubble slowly.
- If you lift the stirring spoon, let the excess drizzle back into the saucepan. It should sit on the surface for 10 seconds before dropping deeper into the mixture.
- When at desired consistency/thickness, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn syrup and vanilla until well combined
- Let the mixture cool completely. Transfer the mixture to a jar.
- You should have 1 – 1 ½ cups dulce de leche.
- If not used immediately, keep in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
- Spoon over ice cream or just about anything else sweet. – like a brownie.
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.