Banana Bread Brownies - May, 2022.
Wondering what to bake with those over-ripe bananas?
And want something absolutely delicious and different?
Here’s the answer.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
( ¾ stick)
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups very ripe bananas, mashed (about 3-4 bananas)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9” square baking pan. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the vanilla and sugar with the mashed bananas. Use a fork.
- Add the beaten eggs and continue mixing until all is well combined.
- Measure the flour and salt. Sift them together directly into the banana batter.
- Mix well. Add the walnuts now, if desired.
- Using a spatula, fold 2/3rds of the cooled chocolate mixture into the banana batter.
- You do not want it thoroughly mixed in – you want the chocolate like streaks.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Drizzle the remainder of the chocolate mixture on top
- Move the spatula in and out of the batter, keeping the streaks. And making more.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with only crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least one hour.
- Cut just before serving. Refrigerate left-overs. 12-16 bars
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 7-10 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.