Raise The Chocolate Bar - April, 2020.
3 layers of chocolate all in one brownie. Irresistible, eh?
This recipe does take a bit of effort, but so worth it.
YOU deserve it!
- Brownie Base
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces of bittersweet chocolate chopped into small same-sized pieces
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate chopped into small same-sized pieces
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Nutella
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9” square baking pan with aluminum foil
- Brownie Base
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a heavy bottomed small saucepan.
- Stir frequently.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Beat (electric mixer) together the sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture and stir well to combine.
- Measure the flour and salt in a measuring cup.
- Sift directly into the chocolate batter.
- Mix gently until well combined. Spread the batter evenly into the pan with foil.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool for at least one hour.
- Flip the pan over on a large platter and remove the foil.
- Microwave the bittersweet chocolate until almost melted.
- Remove the bowl from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Then spread the cooled chocolate on top of the brownie base.
- Use a spatula to make it evenly spread.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Spread the Nutella over the bittersweet layer.
- Toss the semisweet chocolate chips on top.
- Return to the refrigerator and refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
- Microwave the white chocolate gently (you can never rescue white chocolate once burnt).
- When almost melted, remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.
- With a fork, drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the brownies.
- Refrigerate 5-10 minutes to set the white chocolate.
- Cut into bars or keep refrigerated until serving.
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.