Whisky Oatmeal Cookies - March, 2018.
When St. Patrick Day approaches, I go to the local liquor store and buy 4 huge bottles of whisky for our Drunken Witch (Whisky Brownie). Other patrons look at me with big eyes, but I no longer meekly say, for baking. Now, I nonchalantly walk out the door with my bundles of booze.
I do love the powerful punch of whisky when raisins are soaked in it. Since chocolate is always a plus, I've added semi-sweet chips to this oatmeal cookie batter.
This March 17th we will serve up our Drunken Witch and also make a limited supply of these for giveaways at our Chelsea Market store.
Here's my recipe and dare I say experimenting with the recipe was a lot of fun? These yummy treats are perfect for a St. Patrick's party!
- 1 cup of raisins
- ⅓ cup whiskey
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Measure the raisins and put in small bowl with the whiskey. Let sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2-4 cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Add the egg and beat into the mixture.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Measure the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda and sift directly into the egg mixture and combine well.
- With a wooden spoon, add the oats, raisins (including the whisky) and chocolate chips.
- Use 2 spoons or a small scoop (LINK to scoop manufacturer) to make 36 to 48 medium -sized cookies.
- Bake 15-19 minutes or when the edges are done but the centers are soft. Remove the pan and let cool for 20 minutes. If you only have 1 cookie sheet, you might have to repeat this a few times or use other flat pans!
- Enjoy the adults only cookies!
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW (shipping included) & Classic Cauldron Special always available.