BASIC BROWNIE RECIPE - February, 2021.
February is the month for love and everybody loves a good brownie.
Here’s the Fat Witch recipe for at-home baking.
Add something to make it your recipe, like dried cherries.
Visit the Witch Kitchen
Click on “ADD-INs” for more ideas.
Get creative and stir in a goodie to make it your signature brownie!
- 12 tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (cacao 60% or more), chopped into small even-sized pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ - 1 cup additional ingredient(s): dried cherries, walnuts, pecans, dried apricots, white chocolate chunks, etc. etc. etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9” square pan with butter or cooking spray. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
- In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat. Stir frequently until almost melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth and completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- Measure the flour and salt and sift directly into the chocolate mixture. Mix only until the white of the dry ingredients disappears.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean or only a few crumbs. Remove the pan from the oven and cool for 1-2 hours.
- Cut just before serving. Makes 12 to 16 brownies
Opt-in to the Fat Witch Newsletter for monthly discount codes, free offers and more
Product will stay fresh for 7-10 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.