Champagne Icing - February, 2017.
We top Fat Witches with Champagne icing and red sugar hearts on February 14th. Champagne is the basis of romance, so pour it on for your Valentine! While perfect for Cupid’s big day, this icing is delectable anytime on almost anything.
Find this recipe in Fat Witch Brownies cookbook on page 154
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Champagne or sparkling white wine
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Cream the butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the Champagne or sparkling white wine and mix thoroughly
- Measure and then sift the confectioners’ sugar directly into the bowl and mix well.
- Use a flat, broad knife to pick up some of the icing.
- Spread it on top of cooled brownies (or bars or cookies or cake).
- After spreading the icing, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes one cup
Product will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
If desired, refrigerate immediately for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months.
Classic BUY NOW & Classic Cauldron Special always available.